Enter Here The Grand Day Out Fancy Dress Family Trail Run
Sticklebarn, Langdale (google maps)
Saturday 20th October
Registration opens at 15:00 in the Sticklebarn
The trail run start is at 16:00
Route: The route is approximately 5km. Start in the centre of Great Langdale at the Stickle Barn and head immediately uphill out of the back of the pub, but don’t worry, you turn swiftly left, take a little more ascent and then run the lovely trail under Far Eastern Raven, then Far Raven and eventually the ‘real’ Raven Crag dropping from here to the Old Dungeon Ghyll, the heart of Langdale! This is the same route the 10k takes. From here you follow the Cumbria Way for a short jaunt and then turn ‘hard’ left to cross the Great Langdale Beck and head back on rough trails to Stool End Farm. Continuing now on tarmac surfaces you take the private road to the junction and then head directly down the road back to the finish at the Stickle Barn. Route map below.
Price: £7.50 for adults, £5.00 for children. Remember all proceeds go to our nominated charities.
Online entries: now open – click ‘Enter Here’ above or use this link. Entries available on the day as well.
Children: Children over the age of 6 are welcome to run. Those under 12 must be accompanied by an adult. Any child under 16 must have parental consent.
Who’s it for? Runners, Walkers, Nordic Walkers, Serious Runners, Fun Runners, Families and Children.
Dogs: If you bring your dog, please make sure they are well behaved, on a lead and you pick up their mess if its near a child play area, or move it off the path/trail if its out on the course and if you do pick it up in a bag, bring it back with you, don’t leave ti suspended on a fence or near by tree!!
Safety and Course Marking:
• Qualified 1st Aid members of the volunteer marshal’s team
• A fully marked course – Red Flags marking the general route with A5 Correx Arrow Boards at major directional changes
• Manned Checkpoints
• Timing by Results Base
• A professional events team
1. This event is held in accordance with the FRA Rules and Regulations. The following additional rules and minimum kit requirements must also be adhered to.
2. All finishers and retirees must report back to the Race Director/Timekeeper at the Event Centre. They must return their Results Base timing chips. This is a vitally important safety system and failure to maintain this rule will result in you being charged for the timing chip. THIS IS THE GOLDEN RULE.
3. All competitors must follow the countryside code, especially in relation to shutting gates. It is also forbidden to climb any walls or fences. All competitors must stay on the fully way-marked course.
4. All competitors must follow either the race route, as dictated by the Race Director or any officials of the race (i.e. marshals on the course). Similarly, any ‘on the hill’ safety announcements from marshals must be adhered to – these might include race abandonment or to wear waterproofs. The Race Director reserves the right to cancel the race.
5. Race numbers must not be obscured during the race. Race numbers must be given to marshals on the course. This is an important safety feature spot we know you have passed through each checkpoint.
6. Competitors must have good experience of trail running. By entering this race they accept the risks that are inherent from trail running.
7. Use a whistle if in distress – 6 long blasts on the minute, every minute. Do not stop as rescuers may be using your whistles to locate you.
8. Earphones: We have taken the decision to ban earphones from the race. This is for safety reasons. It is important to be fully aware of your surroundings, wearing earphones does not allow this. Any competitor found running with earphones will risk disqualification from the race.
9. Competitors must offer help to any other stricken competitor.
10. Withdrawl pre-race – we will not have the facility in this years race to offer a refund, so please make sure you are fit and able at the time of entering.