Enter Here The Grand Day Out 10km Trail Run
Saturday at 12:00
Sticklebarn, Langdale (google maps)
Saturday 20th October
Registration opens 11:00 at the Sticklebarn.
Trail Run start is at 12:00
We are delighted to be offering this unique and beautiful 10km trail run in partnership with the National Trust. Their support means we can ensure that the maximum amount of fundraising can be generated for the Cumbria Community Foundation through your entry fee.
Route: Start in the centre of Great Langdale at the Stickle Barn and head immediately uphill out of the back of the pub, but don’t worry, you turn swiftly left, take a little more ascent and then run the wonderfully technical trail under Far Eastern Raven, then Far Raven and eventually the ‘real’ Raven Crag dropping from here to the Old DG, the heart of Great Langdale! From here you follow the Cumbria Way for a short jaunt and then turn ‘hard’ left to cross the Great Langdale Beck and head back on rough but runnable trails to Stool End Farm. Continuing now on tarmac surfaces you take the private road to the junction to turn right and then left into the Great Langdale Campsite. You now run through the campsite and then re-join the Cumbria Way and down towards Baysbrown Campsite and another crossing of the river. Good trails bring you back to the finish at the Stickle Barn. See map at the bottom of this page.
Price: £15 in advance, £20 on the day. Remember all proceeds from the event go to our nominated charities!
How to enter: Online entries now open – click ‘Enter Here’ above or use this link.
Children: Children over the age of 12 are welcome to run with an adult (+18). Any child under 16 must have parental consent.
- Registration opens at 11:00 (please register no later than 11:40)
- Race starts at 12:00
- Course closes at 14:00
Who’s it for? Runners, Walkers, Nordic Walkers, Serious Runners, Fun Runners, Families and Children.
Dogs: If you bring your dog, please make sure they are well behaved, on a lead and you pick up their mess if its near a child play area, or move it off the path/trail if its out on the course and if you do pick it up in a bag, bring it back with you, don’t leave it suspended on a fence or near by tree!!
Safety and Course Marking:
- Qualified 1st Aid members of the volunteer marshal’s team
- A fully marked course – Red Flags marking the general route with A5 Correx Arrow Boards at major directional changes
- Manned Checkpoints on route
- A professional events team
- This event is held in accordance with the FRA Rules and Regulations. The following additional rules and minimum kit requirements must also be adhered to.
- All finishers and retirees must report back to the Race Director/Timekeeper at the Event Centre. This is a vitally important safety requirement. THIS IS THE GOLDEN RULE.
- All competitors must follow the countryside code, especially in relation to shutting gates. It is also forbidden to climb any walls or fences. All competitors must stay on the fully way-marked course.
- All competitors must follow either the race route, as dictated by the Race Director or any officials of the race (i.e. marshals on the course). Similarly, any ‘on the hill’ safety announcements from marshals must be adhered to – these might include race abandonment or to wear waterproofs. The Race Director reserves the right to cancel the race.
- Race numbers must not be obscured during the race. Race numbers must be given to marshals on the course. This is an important safety feature spot we know you have passed through each checkpoint.
- By entering this race competitors accept the risks that are inherent from trail running.
- Use a whistle if in distress – 6 long blasts on the minute, every minute. Do not stop as rescuers may be using your whistles to locate you.
- Earphones: We have taken the decision to ban earphones from the race. This is for safety reasons. It is important to be fully aware of your surroundings, wearing earphones does not allow this. Any competitor found running with earphones will risk disqualification from the race.
- Competitors must offer help to any other stricken competitor.
- Withdrawl pre-race – we will not be offering any refunds, so please make sure you are fit and able at the time of entering but rest assured the proceeds from your entry fee will be going to multiple good causes as this is a volunteer led event.